First of all i want to thank Hydrant Games reaching out and hooking us up with few keys to try out their new game Overpower its slated to release on early access at steam on April 20th and will be sold on discount for the duration of early access.
Overpower is a class – based medieval Role Playing Shooter. The goal is to offer players a skill based MMO style PvP experience that allows players to progress their class without the need to grind for months. Early Access players will have access to a variety of unique weapons and abilities, allowing them to create a customized playstyle within each class!
- Fast Paced Twitch Combat inspired by Counter – Strike, Quake, and MOBA combat games!
- Team Wide Buffs to enhance the gameplay experience.
- 70+ Class Based Abilities add a variety of gameplay and advanced meta options!
- 9 Levels featuring unique lighting and locations all over Arkland!
- 5 Game Modes to keep gameplay fast and refreshing!
- 4 Classes to choose from with plans to add many more!
- Male and Female Playable Genders choose your preference like any MMORPG!
So the game does have some appealing aspects ot it such as gender swap between the classes and the game is rather fast phased compared to rest of the competition. I had some small issues with attack frames and animations, but i feel they will be patched later on during the development. While the price hasn´t been released for the game yet, that makes me slightly worried about the games future, looking at some team shooter being free to play such as Dirty Bomb or Paladins.
If you are interested checking the game out you can access it on 20th April on here http://store.steampowered.com/app/440280/