The International 2014 Prize Pool Distribution Revealed
Not too long ago the IT4 Prize pool distribution system was revealed so unlike many have guessed, first place doesn’t get 50% instead they get 46%, aside from this factor its expected that each player gets 1$ million after the whole prize pool is gathered. But you have to remember that the organization takes a huge chunk cut out of the prize pool (10-15%) depending on the contract of course.
The last two teams will be leaving without a money, which is kinda rough, i guess they could have thrown more money from the first place and break it down to lower teams, but this is how Valve does it and we can’t do much about it.
- 46% to the winner ($4,736,447)
- 13.5% to second place ($1,390,044)
- 9.5% to third place($978,179)
- 7.5% to fourth place($772,247)
- 6% to the fifth and sixth places($617,797)
- 4.75% to the seventh and eighth places($489,090)
- 0.45% to the ninth and tenth places($46,335)
- 0.35% to the eleventh and twelfth places($36,038)
- 0.20% to the thirteenth and fourteenth places($20,593)
To keep eye on the updates on International 2014 you can check their official website for coverage, links and much more at – http://www.dota2.com/international/overview/