Deadbreed – November 14 Patch Notes
The new patch is here and the latest version of the game is packed with features and updates. We’ve made big improvements to the general game play mechanics, user interface and added lots of content including a new Sentinel, a total remake of Corpus and two new abilities for Domini!
We’ve prepared a 460 Silver Coin “Welcome Back” gift for you so you can acquire the new Sentinel (or something else of that value). Login now and check out the latest update and see how much the game has improved!
We have also given everyone a “fresh start” including a reset of the player meta level and as such removed all assigned Rank Stars to Heroes and Artifacts and cleared all Artifacts sockets and gems.
- The match user interface has been improved. Better design and larger and clearer elements.
- Heroes have updated visuals for name, match lvl and Health Bars above their heads.
- New Game Font/Typography.
- The Cursor now changes to an Attack Cursor (sword) when moved over a legal target or an Info/interact Cursor (necro hand) when moved over static object.
- Your target is now clearly indicated by a red (enemy) or green (friendly) outline.
- The default size of the minimap has been increased.
- New Sentinel! Demalius is in, including Creeps (melee, ranged, brutes), Monoliths (Guardians) and a new Demalius Citadel.
- Corpus has gotten a complete makeover and two new abilities (the Dash and Bone Toss abilities are unchanged, however Bone Toss has been renamed Jolt to match the facelift).
Shock Link (replacing Ooze): You create a charged link between yourself and an allied Unit within 2 (+0.2 per ability level) Range. The shackle deals 50 (+20 per ability level) Power Damage to enemy units caught in its path. Damage increases with length of the link.
Lightning Strike (replacing Soul Steal): You call down a lightning strike that deals 150 (+50 per ability level) Power Damage (+75% of Hero’s Power) to all targets within 3 (+0.5 per ability level) Area of Effect. If the strike hits a corpse, that Unit is revived with 20% (+2%per ability level) of its max Health and Mana.
- Presets are in! So instead of the pre-match shop, you pick a starting equipment preset for your Hero that match the role you intend to play. You are able to re-equip as usual in the armory once the game starts. Later we will add the option for you to create your own starting equipment presets.
- By choosing starting preset before the match you are now also setting your game role (Fighter, Tank, Assassin or Mage) for the game. This choice also has meaning for the Meta game role rewards.
- Artifacts are no longer “unique” meaning that you can equip an Artifact even if another player is already using it. However, Artifacts are “singular” meaning that you can only wear one of that particular Artifact at a time.
- Domini’s Apocalypse Ability is replaced with Terraslam: You slam the ground and knock back all Enemy Units within 3 (+0.2 per ability level up) Range, Stunning all targets for 1.5 (+0.5 per ability level up) seconds and dealing 150 (+50 per ability level up) (+40% of Hero’s Power) Power Damage. If a target is knocked into a wall, the stun time is doubled.
- Domini’s Bloodscent Ability is replaced with Leap: You leap to a target’s location within 6 units (+ 0.5 per ability level up) Range and gain +20% (+2% per ability level) Attack Damage Bonus to you next autoattack.
- Mana Cost for Abilities are now displayed in a blue box ontop each of your abilities, they will be greyed out when you lack sufficient Mana to activate the ability.
- Infliciting a Critical Hit now displays an additional Hit VFX on the character that was hit.
- Creep targeting priorities have been improved.
- In-Match Hero Level Up now has a visual effect.
- The Hero turn rotation speed/input is more responsive in general and the Hero auto-attack priority and functionality has been improved.
- Mana Level Up Cost for Abilities is now calculated correctly.
- Power Damage is now displayed with cyan text above the character that is damaged by the Ability.
- The bug with the Sentinel’s Health increasing/decreasing randomly has been fixed.
- The loadscreen has been redesigned to show heroes lining up and facing eachother and displays tips text.
- There’s new different art for each type of treasure chest (small, medium, large).
- The bug with Corpus is running one way, throws his BoneToss (Jolt) in another direction than he is facing, and the visual for the ability goes forward (the same direction Corpus is facing/running) has been fixed.
- 2H Crush weapons now hit at the correct “frame” (i.e. The animation syncs up against the attack speed).
- All “book” type items are now placed on the belt and attack animations are replaced with a “spell” cast from the hero’s hand.
- The Day/Night Lighting has been updated.
- A special sound is now played for you personally when you are selected as a Target by a Monolith.
- Monoliths have adjusted attack ranges and no longer attack “beyond” their range when they “retain” you as a priority target. The Monolith Attack Range is now indicated visually in each map (circle of stones on ground beneath its base).
- Creeps have had approximately -10% adjustment to their base attack damage.
- Demonata has new Voice Over.
- Nekros has new movement animations.
- Crow’s Bow Ability now has special Hero Animation
- Starting area of the Graveyard and Staircase in front of Behemoth’s citadel has updated visual content.
- All Magic Attack Items have updated VFX, SFX and Hero Animations when used. There are 3 different types of Magic Attacks; Fire, Ice and Electricity. All Melee weapons have updated attack sounds.
- Picking up a pile of Gold (loot) from a chest, plays special sound and coin vfx.
- Entering a Dungeon Gate plays a enter Gate sound and all Dungeons have new, individual ambience sound.
- The Following Items have been moved from Tier 2 and made Starting Tier Items: Golem’s Platemail, Guardian Mantle, Haste Cape, Fury Cloak, Deflection Mantle, Safeguard Mantle, Magi Cloak, Crusader Cape, Ataraxia Cloak. Note that this means they are also now about 20% more Gold efficient.
- Kill Gold Reward (for last hit) and XP Reward increased with +20% for all Creeps, Skeletons and Spiders.
- Most Items have recalculated/rebalanced gold cost and in many cases updated stat bonuses.
- Value for Gold has been increased with about +5% for all “Starting Tier” items (meaning you get these items at an additional “discount”). Starting Items now in general provide a +25% “bonus” value for Gold when compared to items of higher Tiers. They also have a 70% sellback ratio compared to the normal 50% if not used as part of an item build recipe.
- Dire Mallet is no longer upgradeable from Warclub.
- Shadow Axe and Silver Knife now fires a “Projectile” instead of debug lines when thrown/attacking and all Bow type Items now fire “Projectile Arrows” instead of debug lines.
- Your Standing with each Sentinel now affects his Stats. Review your personal standing and stats modification for each Sentinel in the Lobby Sentinel Focus view. At the start of a match, the team’s collected standing (average) will determine the final Team Standing for that game. The Sentinel’s Team Standing is displayed in the spawn cutscene (+/- next to its name).
- The interface visuals for the number of Keys you have been updated/clarified.
- A lock “rotation scheme” is in place so different Heroes and Artifacts having locks each week.
- 460 Silver Coins has been added to all registered accounts per November 14th.
- Reset Player Meta Level, removed all assigned Rank Stars for Heroes/Artifacts, removed all Artifact Gems and cleared all sockets for all registered accounts per November 14th.
- The Bone Corpus, Beelsebrood, Magma Brood, Monarch Nekros and Abess Cinder skins are now available.