AirMech Version 20075
Rejoice! Bugs have been squished. The dev team is hard at work on the next update, hinting at tantalizing new features such as a new AirMech. There’ll be more about that later, for now, let’s review what this patch has in store.
Codes can no longer be redeemed via the Carbon Games website. This is to discourage people from creating new accounts and applying codes to them.
Also included in this update is balance changes to further tweak the game.
- Updated BlackOps Bomber with teamcolor support
- Updated localizations with the latest suggestions from the Steam Translation Server
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a crash bug when using the Ultimate Fuel item in a V2 game
- Fixed a bug where an AirMech could fly at full speed when their carry weight was maxed out
- Fixed a bug where the game timer for Spectators would be obscured by the Base Health bars
- Fixed a bug where the Classic Striker wouldn’t show up correctly in the Hangar when using the Carbon Team Color
- Fixed a bug where the cargo pod wouldn’t display correctly on the BlackOps Bomber when using the Carbon Team Color
- Fix some issues with UI Messaging on VIP Shop Ticket use
- Reduce AirMech Radar vision range from 40 to 35
- Bucky upkeep increased from 2 to 4
- Bucky turret rotation speed decreased to 100
- Bomb damage decreased from 300 to 270
- Bomb cost increased from 800 to 900
- HAAT cost decreased from 7700 to 7200
- SAM cost decreased from 900 to 800
- Bot Spawner cost decreased from 4200 to 3500
- Roller upkeep increased from 5 to 8
- Grinder upkeep increased from 6 to 9
- Arty range increased from 26 to 28
- Arty radar vision range increased from 20 to 32
- Roller has a weak back spot again. It will take 200% damage from the back
- Hawk damage reduction increased from -10% to -8%
- Alien airspeed bonus reduced from 5% to 3%
- Waist Pouch credit income increased from 4% to 5%
- Gothic Mask missile shootdown chance increased from 6% to 8%
- Sunflower Seeds auto-repair rate increased from 5% to 10%
- Inversion Higgs airspeed bonus decreased from +3% to +2%
- Fine Honeypot +HP decreased from +10% to +4%
- Fine Honeypot +repair rate decreased from +10% to +2%
- Fine Honeypot +build cost decreased from +50% to +10%
- Fine Honeypot +build time decreased from +50% to +40%
- Fort power gained per quarter reduced from 20 to 10
This patch has left a lot of players Power-starved, which is something I personally don’t like. Before Power felt perfectly balanced, so that I could play comfortably without having to depend on Generators, but now Generators are back to being an “absolute must”. I really want Generators to be like MoneyMakers, in the sense that they are not necessary, but they do give a nice advantage if used properly.
I do like some of the other balance changes, such as the slight Bucky nerf and Bombs balance, but one change really bugs me: Fort power. I really think they took the Fort Power increase nerf a bit too far on this one, as it was perfectly fine the way it was before. Now it still is a nice bonus, but not enough to break up stalemates that tend to happen toward the end of a quarter.
I do like that they added TeamColor support for the BlackOps Bomber, but overall, the Power changes seem to be a bit to drastic. Hopefully by the next patch they can relieve our Power crisis.