We got a new huge patch surfacing to Aerena featuring new ship and champion skins, along with new Champion called “Hammer”. Along this there is multiple changes to interface of the game such as the intro menu. Of course we have our mandatory balance changes and bug fixes, but you can read full list down below.
- Champion and ship skins are available now. (Except for Sharina, Hammer, Whale and Bombshell) Each skin costs 89 Æther Coins.
- New champion: HAMMER.
- Complete rework of the main menu (World-map has been removed)
- Improved loadout, shop and achievement (badges) page
- Achievement rewards now have to be claimed in the badges section
- Daily missions are available to earn some extra Shillings
- Cool new hardware cursors on all platforms
- Tutorial has been completly reworked
- New Main menu commentator:
– He will explain the shell generator, daily quests, main quests and trophies(badges) to the player the first time a player opens the corresponding tab
– He will congratulate the player upon finishing a quest
– He will welcome the player back to the game upon login
– He will inform the player when a match has been found or player has been challenged
- Two new master images have been added for all players right out of the gate. These do not need to be purchased
- Every five matches the player gets a rare shell pack of his choosing
- Two new shell packs giving the player either 10 rare shells or 10 shells with a chance for some of them being rare
- New master images: one for every champion. Beat 100 enemies with a specific champion and you unlock a his/her master image.
- Improved Æther gain effects. Now you can see more easily who gained Æther and why.
- League tiers and progression has been re-worked; gaining or losing a tier or sub-tier is now set to defined consecutive wins or losses (2/3/4/5) and only Æther-Masters will gain or lose League-points(wins).
- Badges have been re-organized and claiming them can be tracked in an overview
- The number of champions rotating as trial characters has been adjusted in correspondence to already owned champions
– owning no champion – 3 trial champions in rotation
– owning one champion – 2 trial champions in rotation
– owning two or more champions – one trial champions in rotation
- Practice matches have been re-worked:
– difficulty has been decreased slightly
– any won match will now put you in the next AI level (represented by the stars over the ‘Valerian’ portrait on the main screen)
– there are neither shell nor Shilling awards
– Practice matches no longer have a two turn inactivity surrender timer
- Prices for Luna and Sharina have been reduced to 6999 shilling or 175 Æther Coins down from 9600 shilling or 215 Æther Coins
- Prices for Mary and Martel have been decreased to 99 Æther Coins or 3099 Shilling down from 215 Æther Coins or 7200 Shilling
- Prices for Bug, Crank, Baron Rouge, Butcher, Aurora, Harlequin and Corporal have been reduced to 4999 Shilling or 125 Æther Coins down from 7200 Shilling or 215 Æther Coins
- Prices for Packer, Arc, Sparrow and Bombshell reduced to 175 Æther Coins or 6999 Shillings down from 215 Æther Coins or 7200 Shillings
- Price for Rare shell packages reduced to 250 Shilling down from 350 shilling
- New players receive 2000 Shilling and 17 Æther Coins upon tutorial completion with new accounts
- Time for accepting a challenge has been increased to 60 seconds up from 30 seconds
- Æther discharge shell has a new shiny animation
- Shell generator only holds 1 instead of 3 shells now
- Shell generator produces one Shell every 14 hours instead of one Shell every 2 hours
- All Types of matches reward the winner with 150XP and the loser with 100XP (except when the game was lost due to surrender). XP rewards for AI matches remain unchanged.
- Playing matches no longer awards Shilling
- Aurora’s HP decreased to 6 down from 7
- Bloody Mary’s Super attack will always deal 2 damage instead of 1-2
- Bloody Mary’s Super attack has an orthogonal pattern now instead of a lane pattern
- Butcher’s HP have been increased to 7 up from 6
- Baron Rouge’s HP have been increased to 6 up from 5
- Costs for Æther Discharge have been increased to 10 up from 9
- Costs for Exitus have been increased to 10 up from 9
- Costs for Get off my Porch have been increased to 8 up from 7
- Friendly matches use the same map as ranked matches now
- Main Goals have received an complete update. The needed achievements have been changed and the main missions don’t give any rewards anymore and will only be used to unlock Character, Ships, Shells, etc.
- Æthershells won’t be unlocked on a certain level, but according to the Main-Goals (eg. Mission 12 unlocks Group Healing).
- Users can buy Attack and Support Shell Packages right from the beginning, whereas the Trick and Æther Control Packages will be unlocked through the main missions
- Achievements which do not specify that the have to be completed in a league match, can be completed within league, casual and challenge matches.
- Increased difficulty for the first stages of Valerian matches.
- Chatbar and chatbutton are now one.
- Friends can be found and added after clicking the “Casual” button
- Only the Aether Master tier leaderboard is visible now and can be seen after clicking “League”
- Improved messages when user try to execute an action other than the intended one in tutorial
- Mission completed pop-ups are now removed from the game entirely
- All faction trophies (achievements) now reward you with 50 Shillings
- ÆtherCoin Packages received a re-work. There are 6 different packages available now.
- Achievements will be correctly displayed after opening windows instead of needing a relog
- Players will now automatically join any currently running league upon either unlocking it or upon league start
- Users who were not active since we introduced the friends feature will no longer have a player level of 0 shown next to their picture
- Changed description of achievements “A tank full of Æther” and “Fire in the Hole” to mention that it can only be completed in ranked matches
- Character sounds are about as loud as the other sounds now
- Damage tiles just deduct 2 life instead of deducting 4 and readding 2
- Captain shell activation animation has a sound now
- Tutorial arrows no longer cover up Tutorial information messages
- Info text in first tutorial message no longer that the enemy ship should be attacked if in reality the player has to attack the Butcher
- Heal tiles no longer heal 4 and deduct 2 HP. Now they only heal 2 HP.
- When using ‘The Butcher’s’ ‘Hook Pull’ in a way that the targeted champions lands on a heal tile, the target will now get healed correctly
- Fixed an issue with the button collider in the “Active Challenges” Window
- Synced Bloody Mary’s audio in tutorial mission 02 as well as some typos in Mary’s dialogue in tutorial mission 02
- Description of achievement “First Victory” is now free from grammar errors
- Fixed a formulation in Sharina’s description
- Client no longer gets disconnected upon being minimized
- Fixed and prevented bugs resulting from speed doubleclicks
- Fixed a typo with unranked players in the friends- and searchlist
- Hit animations no longer loop if two characters are hit by the corporal’s Super attack
- Player get disconnected now if something goes wrong while the client updates their Aethercoin balance. In such a case the user will be informed that he has been disconnected and that he has to restart the game